Thursday, February 03, 2005

February already!

It has been a week since I created a post here and thought it about time I added to my own page. So where to begin. Our school renovations have been completed. For the past two weeks I have worked long days packing and moving from cramped quarters in the schools residential areas where dorms, every corner, closet, and so on were shared with dormitories, classrooms, therapists, and offices. It has been on long year and a half. But now the end is near! I can say in all honestly we were getting very sick of being under one another nose.

Most everyone is moved and settled with their offices and classrooms, except for myself and two others. Let's see we have had to pack, move, unpack and set up the Tech. lab, the Media room, teacher workroom, our individual offices, the professional library, as well as having to move and set up two student computers in every classroom and most of the staff online computers. And then there is the library, which we have not yet touched. Needless to say, I am worn right down. The dust is enough to make a person sick .... and it did for all of those two weeks. I often came home and went to bed shortly after. But the end is within sight ... I hope. Despite all the negative talk here, the rooms look beautiful, clean and new. I think I will be happy in my new surroundings. And my plants are loving the bright windows they fill.

Yesterday was groundhogs day and nicely stuck us with 6 more weeks of winter. It also would have been my mothers birthday. Although she passed away in 1982, I still wish she were here. I think of her nearly everyday wishing I could call and ask advice on raising my daughters, or better yet, take them for a few days. :{} It's not that I dislike them, but who cares who borrowed what? At least they have clothes to worry about, and food to eat. So annoying, but I love them just the same. I can't tell you how often I have spoken outloud to my parents apologizing for creating anxiety and hurt from similar words or actions that I see my own two doing. Guess experiencing the emotions that we put our parents through is how we become wiser. I will say it has not been easy raising them alone without having my own parents alive to talk to or help out. But I wouldn't have missed the trip for anything.

Time to head out again for my daughter's basketball game. Looks to be another late night drive to Rochester. One of these days I will figure out how to post pics in this site. Might be nice to have a few visuals added in. Signing off .....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home